Now that exams are getting over, there is another competition where you can participate – Google Science Fair 2012. The last date for the submission is April 1st, 2012. For those who do not know about it, here are some details -
Google Science Fair is an online science competition sponsored by companies like Google, LEGO and National Geographic. Students from around the world are invited to submit interesting and creative projects. The age limit is 13-18 years, judged in three groups – 13-14 years, 14-15 years and 17-18 years. One can enter as a single student or as a team of two of three.
How do you submit the project?
Here is step by step guide on how to submit the project – Requirement for submission
Here is a summary,
- Project Summary Page – A brief overview about your project – this can be either done by 20-slide Google Doc presentation or an embedded 2-minute Youtube video
- About Me: An About Me page showing your passion for science
- The Question: Described in 250 word, a question that interests you about something that you have observed, noticed, or wondered about.
- Hypothesis: In 100 words, address something that you believe is challenging which you are able to answer in a single experiment.
- Research: In 500 words, summary of the research that you completed to support and answer your question.
- Experiment: In 500 words, explain the Design, execution, and summary of an experiment that tests your hypothesis.
- Data: In 500 words, report on all of the data, numbers, outputs, or outcomes from your experiment.
- Observations: In 500 words, describe the patterns/trends you saw during your experiment. Explain your understandings.
- Conclusions: In 500 words, explain how your experiment supported or contradicted your original hypothesis.
- References: In 2000 words, provide all the references for sources of information that you used.
- Acknowledgements: In 500 words, acknowledge all the help you received.
Along with the text material, you can include additional content (eg. videos, presentations).
Looking for Ideas?
Here are some resources. Use these just for inspiration, the real idea should come from yourself
So, Are you participating?